Summer is here and it’s party time!
Summer has arrived and what better way to celebrate the sun and fun than with an awesome party? Whether you’re celebrating a holiday, an event or just the fact that it’s finally long-awaited summertime, parties are always an enjoyable way to spend time with friends and family.
We’ve put together a list of 10 reasons to throw a party this summer (June 21st- September 21st)
- July 4th commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776. John Adams declared it an occasion that should be celebrated with “pomp and circumstance,” and if we had to translate, that means with a party! It’s a day characterized by picnics, parades and fireworks, and is the perfect occasion to celebrate our freedom and “salute” the symbol of that freedom – our flag. From pool parties to firework watching parties, there is no shortage to the list of possibilities for an awesome Independence Day Party.
- July is “Ice Cream Month” and July 20th is National Ice Cream Day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated the month of July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He “screamed” for ice cream as he asked people in the United States to celebrate National Ice Cream Day and Month with “appropriate ceremonies and activities,” and to us that sounds like an invitation to eat dessert all month long and throw a party!
- Looking to get out of the office and into the sun? Summer is the most popular time for companies to get their employees out of the workplace and host a Company Picnic. It’s a great opportunity to boost morale, build relationships and get outside to celebrate with coworkers.
- Wedding bells are ringing all around because the summer months are the most popular for Weddings and all their related festivities like bridal showers, engagement parties andbachelor and bachelorette parties. These festivities make memories for life (not always the bachelor and bachelorette parties) and are the perfect time to spend with friends and family.
- Everyone loves to fire up the Bar-B-Q and the best time to show off your grilling skills is during the summer. Invite some friends and family over for a poolside BBQ complete with cocktails and dessert!
- The weather is beautiful and the garden looks great. Show off your green thumb and host a Garden Party! It’s a great way to bond with friends that have similar interests and as an added bonus, you can plant some herbs and vegetables to use when cooking at home!
- Schools Out. Kids don’t have to do homework and they don’t have to get to bed early. What better time to throw a party? Invite adults and children alike and count down the days to the start of the school year while lounging in the gorgeous Florida sun.
- Back to School. Celebrate the last hurrah! Schedules, carpools and homework are on the horizon, so celebrate your freedom before the busy school year starts.
- Labor Day Weekend. It’s the last long holiday weekend of the summer, and if that’s not a reason to throw a party, we don’t know what is! Wear the last of your white clothing and celebrate like summer just started!
- The BEST reason to throw a party is that it’s an opportunity to spend time with people you really like. Don’t have a reason to party? Who cares! Invite friends and family over for some much needed R&R and watch your worries and stress melt away.
If summer itself isn’t a reason to throw a party, we just gave you 10 more! Whether you’re celebrating at home with just a few friends or heading to an outside venue for a huge party with family and friends, remember that everyone could use some fun every once in a while. Looking for a cool and unique way to spice up your summer party? Ask us about our catering options so you can your guests can cool down with Cold Stone while celebrating the heat of summer!