The Fourth of July is a time to celebrate our nation’s independence with our family and friends. Are you hosting a patriotic BBQ this year for your loved ones? Ensure that your party is a success this year by following our 5 tips on how to host the perfect 4th of July BBQ.
1. Freedom Dishes
What better way to celebrate Independence Day then by having your friends and family over for a backyard BBQ? Mix it up this year with a different take on the traditional burger and hot dogs. Pulled pork sandwiches are a BBQ staple, pair this with grilled corn on the cob and macaroni and cheese. To add an extra side from the grille create vegetable skewers including grape tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers.
For an added touch of red, white and blue on the table dye hard boiled eggs with red or blue food coloring and make deviled eggs! To incorporate fresh fruit make a trifle dish, layer pound cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries and blueberries this will be sure to be a hit with guests of all ages.
2. Stars and Stripes Crafts
For an inexpensive art project that the children will be sure to enjoy purchase a bag of straws, paper and red/blue paint to create firework artwork! Tape 7 straws together and start stretching the straws as far as they can go at the fold. Then dip the straws in either red of blue paint for a star shaped firework. Add some silver glitter to the page for an extra sparkle!
3. Patriotic Beverages
Create 4th of July layered drinks that all the children at your party will be sure love! You make this tasty drink using Cranberry juice, SoBe pina colada and blue Gatorade. The differences in the sugar content will keep these three layers separate; layer from the highest sugar content first to the lowest sugar content on the top. So, first pour in cranberry juice, then the pina colada, and last the blue Gatorade. To top it off include a red, white and blue streamer or a patriotic paper straw!
4. Declaration Themed Desserts
What’s an outdoor barbeque without cold, sweet treats to help beat the heat? Satisfy everyone’s cravings with Cold Stone’s signature 4th of July ice cream cake. Customize any of Cold Stone’s signature ice cream cakes or cupcakes to celebrate freedom this Independence Day!
5. Dazzling Firework Displays in South Florida
What a better way to end the day than with a group trip out to see a fireworks show? Catch some of the greatest displays with your friends and families at one of these South Florida locations on July 4th:
• Coconut Grove: At 5:00pm there will be live music, food and children’s activities located at Peacock Park. Following sunset the firework display will begin.
• Boca Raton: Located at Sunset Cover Amphitheater, the firework show will begin at 9:00pm. Make sure to bring blankets and chairs for a comfortable front row view to the beautiful display!
• Boynton Beach: Beginning at 8:45pm there will be free community event held at Intracoastal Park. From 6:00pm until 10:30pm the activities include a petting zoo, food, beverages, live music and beginning at 9:00pm a spectacular firework display!
• Fort Lauderdale Beach: Beginning at 9:00pm at the corner of A1A and Las Olas will be a beachfront firework display.
Include Cold Stone in your Fourth of July celebration and satisfy all your guests’ cravings for a cold, sweet treat. Have your dessert customized to be as unique as you. For more information on Cold Stone catering your event, click here.